Today we will be starting a new category under “Business Opportunities” and we will be sharing various financing programs and opportunities for your business. Financing is key to your business that is why it is relevant that we share information on how your business can have additional financing.
Let us start with one of the programs being provided by the Philippine Business for Social Progress under the Small and Medium Enterprise Credit Program. The goal of this program is to contribute to poverty reduction by providing micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) with access to financing and business development services to enable them to grow, generate jobs and provide income opportunities.
Program Objectives of the Small and Medium Enterprise Credit Program includes increase MSME and microfinance loan portfolio of SMEC accredited intermediary financial institutions (IFis) such as Rural Banks and Thrift Banks and MIcrofinance Institutions (MFIs), and to enhance the institutional capacity of accredited IFIs and MFIs to deliver credit.
Below are the qualifications for those who want to avail financing from this program:
- The principal owner is a citizen or permanent legal resident of the Philippines;
- Duly registered business organization which is at least 60% owned by Philippine nationals;
- Have their principal business address in the Philippines;
- Must be 100% privately-owned with total assets of not more than P15 million at the time the loan is granted.
What loan purposes can you apply for under the Small and Medium Enterprise Credit Program?
- Starting a new business or expanding an existing business.
- Acquiring fixed assets such as land, building and machinery.
- Upgrading of facilities or equipment, or adoption of cleaner technology.
- For services such as equipment installation.
- Working capital.
Amount of loan from the Small and Medium Enterprise Credit Program from the Philippine Business for Social Progress will depend on the discussion and negotiation by the MSME sub-borrower with the IFI/MFI.
Phone : (632) 527-7741 to 48
Telefax : (632) 527-3751
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org