AlDub had consistently broken Twitter records with the latest 26 million Tweets last September 26. It has also broken the record perhaps for fastest sold-out tickets at the 55,000 seater Philippine Arena in just 3 days. What is the secret of AlDub and why it means holy grail for business?
Confirmed: high level Execs from several tech companies are flying in to watch Tamang Panahon this Saturday. Para ma gets daw nila, hehe.
— Carlo Ople (@carloople) October 22, 2015
The tweet above from Carlo Ople, Founder of Unbox.ph is a proof in someway that the trend of AlDub had turn the heads not only of Filipinos but also of fans worldwide including businesses and startups. Do you want to know what’s the secret of AlDub?
- Naturalism. Alden and Maine are very natural together. They act naturally and the scene they deliver are without any pretensions. This touches the hearts of fans since they can relate to them not as a TV personality but as a fellow human being.
- Loyalty to fans and customers. Eat Bulaga who started the KalyeSerye (Street series) is ever loyal to the fans of Alden and Main known as ALDub. They recognized them, gave them what they want and appreciate every effort. This is the reason why they fans and followers reciprocated.
- Brand Loyalty. The fans who felt that they are part of a bigger community and of the whole series responded and gave all their support for ALDub. Whenever there is a trending hashtag or whenever there is something new about their idols they would definitely support it.
- A brilliant team. If there is one thing that could be said as one of the greatest asset of the success of ALDub would be having a very talented team. Joey de Leon’s ideas are always superb and brilliant combined with the a very long experience together with Tito Sotto and Vic Sotto. Add that up to the perfect tandem of Wally Bayola, Jose Manalo and Paolo Ballesteros who are the masters of adlib and comedy on the street.
- Perfect timing and execution. Although I cannot say that this is really planned but it seems one of the key success for ALDub is their perfect execution of every episode and perfect timing. A key that all of the fans loved. Their competitors tried to hack the formula but it did not work for them.
If a business could amass such a popularity on social media and if their digital marketing would go as phenomenal as ALDub then for sure their business would be a household name. However, let us all remember that the mass appeal of this trend is very difficult to apply into business since people are naturally unimpressed with advertising stunts. As of the writing of this article their official hashtag #ALDubEBTamangPanahon is nearing 35 million tweets and getting closer to the record 35.6 million tweets from the Worldcup Brazil vs Germany game.
Just imagine how Eat Bulaga managed to get into the fandom even foreign artists like Dawin, the singer of the popular song Dessert,
Did business achieved such phenomenal success using social media and digital marketing? Some business actually did managed to succeed and most notable among them would be McDonalds. What can you say about the ALDub phenomenon? Do you believe it really breaks the current trend in advertising and social media? Share us your views. By the way, I did participated in the hashtag campaign #ALDubEBTamangPanahon and well it is worth the experience.
— BizH2O (@bizh2o) October 24, 2015
By the end I finished this article #ALDubEBTamangPanahon broke the record and got 36.2 Million tweets.
— Joey de Leon (@AngPoetNyo) October 24, 2015