The Department of Science and Technology’s Small Enterprise technology Upgrading Program is a nationwide strategy encouraging and assisting SMEs to adopt technology innovations to improve their operations and thus boost their productivity and competitiveness. It help the small business men to run his business with help of (SETUP). It is a platform for a person to make sure that his business is running in a profit or loss.
How does it change things?
The program enables firms to address their technical problems through technology transfer and technology interventions to improve productivity primarily through enhanced product quality, upgraded manpower, cost reduction, effective waste management and operations tune-up.
What are the Objectives or Targets?
SETUP aims to assist SME improve their productivity and competitiveness through the Infusion of new/advanced technologies to improve operations of SMEs .Manpower training, technical assistance and consultancy services and Design of functional packages , Assistance in the establishment of product standards including testing , Database management system and, Provision of limited funds for technology acquisition .These objectives or Targets are help the people’s to grow their business in the country.
Industry Sectors Covered with SETUP
Industry Sctors Covered with the Food Processing , Furniture Gifts, Decors and Handicrafts. It also covered Marine and Aquatic Resources , Horticulture in which cut flowers, fruits and high value crops and, Metals and Engineering .
Components of SETUP Assistance
The components the SETUP provide is Provision of Technology in which Technology needs assessment and sourcing of technology. Seed fund for technology acquisition. It also give Manpower training like HACCP , GMP ,QMS ,Productivity Improvement Technology Demonstration.
What are the Benefits of SETUP?
The benefits are :
- Address current problems
- Get free technical advice from the consultants
- Avail of technical training courses for workers / employees.
- Acquire new equipment to mechanize and or improve production line through venture funds
- Standardize and improve the quality of products
- Be competitive
Who may apply?
Any company or individual firm based in the Philippines and wholly owned by Filipino citizens. Any small and medium scale business firm classified under identified priority sectors such as Food Processing, Furniture, Gifts, Decors & Handicrafts, Marine & Aquatic Resources, Horticulture and Metals & Engineering .An individual firm willing to apply technology improvements to existing operations.
How does one apply?
Send a letter of interest to avail of SET-UP assistance with all requirements to the DOST Regional Director’s Office where the company is based. Identify current problems, improvements and potential technology interventions needed. If project is found viable, DOST Regional Office endorses it to National Program Management Office for evaluation and final approval.
Checklist of requirements
- Comprehensive proposal.
- Endorsement of the Regional Director.
- Review and Technical Evaluation Committee Executive Report completely signed by all the RTEC members and duly approved by the Regional Director.
- Proponent’s letter of interest to avail of financial assistance, stating commitment to repayment, including the proposed repayment schedule.
- Copy of business permits and licenses from relevant LGUs and other government offices.
- Financial statements of at least the past three years for the company/ beneficiary duly signed by a Registered Accountant/Auditor.
- Projected financial statements for the next five years.
- Certificate of Registrationof Business Name with DTI, SEC or CDA.
- Board resolution authorizing the borrowing and designating authorized signatories for the financial assistance.
- Three quotations from suppliers/ fabricators of the equipment to be purchased/fabricated.
What are the Project Proposal Format / Contents?
- Project title :Must already be able to reflect the goal of the project
- Proponent : Company Name, Contact Person-Position, address, tel/fax no, email address.
- Project Cost : Total project cost including counterpart of the proponent
- Amount Requested: DOST counterpart or amount requested from DOST
- Objectives : Purpose / target accomplishment of the project
In a back ground Company profile and other information – owership , type of Business and Registration is required . Organizational Structure , production site area, Products line , Cost of Production , Product Selling Price , Production Volume , Source of law Material and Raw Materials used are also a major requirement for project to start.
- Market Solution
- Current market outlets for the products
- Existing problems
- Market plans / strategies
Waste Management / Disposal
Volume of waste generated monthly , Kinds of wastes and How they are disposed
- Financial Capacity
- Financial constraints
- Cash flow / financial statement
- Proposed project budget/capital outlay
- Proposed repayment scheme/mode of payment
For Small and Medium Enterprises who want to submit their proposal please contact or visit the following:
Dr Teresita C. Fortuna
DOST – National Capital Region
DOST , Gen. Santos Avenue, Bicutan, Taguig City
Trunkline : 632-837-2071 locals 2017-2019
Website : http://ncr.dost.gov.ph